Monday, September 28, 2009

First trip to the ER!

Two days ago I was at my moms house and my little sister was feeding sawyer on the counter, my mom and I were down stairs in the basement and heard a big bang and then my sister Sydney just started screaming. My mom and I ran upstairs to find that Syd had reached away from Sawyer to grab something and Sawyer took a nose dive over her arm and off of the counter! He was hysterical, I was hysterical, my sister was hysterical, it was was so sad. I thought that maybe he would be ok but soon he started turning pale and his head started swaying back and forth, it made me really nervous so I called our pediatrician and he said to go to the ER. I kind of lost it after that, I probably kinda overreacted but it was so scary and this is the first time Sawyer has ever gotten hurt or anything. Everything ended up being ok, the doctor just recomended that we monitor him for 24 hours, but it was a really sad day I hated it!
This whole weekend Jare and I have just been doting on Sawyer to the extreme! The whole experience just made us realize how much we love him and dont know what we would do if anything ever happened to him! He brings so many smiles and joy into our lives he is such a blessing, we just love him more than words can say. And my little sister felt so bad she cried for the rest of the day pretty much, but accidents happen and Sawyer is such a squirmy guy it could have happened to anyone. So dont worry Syd we still love you and think your a great aunt!
So our first trip, of many probably, to the hospital was horrible! I hope this doesnt become a reoccurring experience!

4 comments:

alpinekleins said...

What a cute photoe, and that little guy CANNOT be that big already! ;) I managed to survive to my 4th (Karianne without having to make a trip to the ER, sure it would be HER) but I can't tell you how many times I had to call poison control. I pretty much had the number memorized before long :) Thank goodness they're so resilient. You are a darling mom!




Kristin

Lisa said...

Aw.. poor little Soy Man. I can't even imagine how much joy he brings YOU, because he brings ME SO SO SO much joy! He truly is such a great little baby. I am glad everything was okay!

Brittany said...

I am so glad he is okay! Beckham has had his fair share of bumbs and bruises, no ER yet but I am sure that will come in time!! That new pic at the top is sooo cute!

JaggedLittleJenn said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope everything turns out okay.. we have been very lucky so far but I know his time is coming..